Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On the Eve of ID, I visited CHAR MINAR

With the fear of Swine Flu back in my mind, I made a (much waited) trip to CHAR MINAR, in the search of real hyderabadi food and the colours of ID that can be discovered only in the holy month of Ramjaan.

After crossing 1 km of crowdie road in almost an hour, I reached MECCA MASJID exactly at the time when Masjid announced (confirmed) the festival of ID, and I witnessed the emotions, colours, joy and enthusiasm in the air outside and inside of the mosque. Everybody wishing "CHAND MUBARAK" to each other, as if they seen the moon first time in their life, to become a part of the festive mood we also started wishing each other.

We left that place for eating IDI (Dishes prepared on the occasion of ID) like Haleem (veg.), Nizami Halwa, Qurbani Ka Meeta, and Dahi Bade, Badam Kesar and famous PAYASAM KHEER ...

This trip was refreshing, mouth watering and above of all it get me the feeling of festive mood after a long long time.

HAPPY ID.

2 comments:

  1. akele ghum rha hai na tu...sahi hai beta...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must've been a delightful sight..
    I could almost imagine it..

    ReplyDelete